Our client is an industrial and technology leader with manufacturing facilities insupporting the automotive industry. The facility produces parts which become interior and electrical components through further manufacturing within the company or at customers' facilities. The working environment is fast paced and focused on high quality, utilizing lean manufacturing and tight quality assurance standards.
The workforce is diversified and covered by third party agreements regarding workplace methods and supervision. The culture of the firm is fully invested in ensuring workplace safety and maintains an excellent record of incident-free days. Line staff and management continuously strive to ensure a considerate and inclusive work environment.
• Responsible for supervising a shift of 15 team members
• Ensure that daily work activities remain efficient and safe
• Schedule work assignments, ensuring available materials inventories, proper storage and recording of all finished and WIP inventory
• Responsible for ensuring all company standards are maintained including federal, provincial, internal and customer standards, safety, quality and workplace tolerance
• Proper documentation is required for any activity which falls outside normal workplace standards
• Post secondary education, courses or programs relating to Production and Operations
• At least 5 years supervision experience
• Strong ability to organize and prioritize work and labour
• Prior experience with planned quality and lean manufacturing techniques
• Excellent English language skills including verbal, written and comprehension
• Skilled at supervising with excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Computer literacy skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• At least three professional references
Please send your resume to email@example.com and state Job # MH405OS in the subject line. You may also fax your resume to 905.366.0166.
Qualified individuals will be contacted by telephone. Please include convenient contact times and numbers in your cover letter.